D&B Contracting Co. (Special Construction Division)
A specialized contractor in post tension works, since the last ten years we have successfully completed slab post tension works for many projects in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Our Target is to provide main contractors and developers with quality services through all the process by using state of the art technology.
Post tensioning for onsite slab construction has been used worldwide for more than 60 years and proven good performance under up normal loading and this is due to the reserved strength in prestressing of concrete.
Benefits of Post Tension Slab:
- On site post tensioning of cables and after concreting which eliminate lifting of Precast concrete hollow core units.
- Adaptability of any size or shape of a slab with irregular distribution of columns.
- Reduces the own weight of concrete slabs to the minimum.
- Reduces the amount of normal steel.
- Minimizing the deflection effect due to the reversed effect of post tensioning.
- Crack free concrete can be designed to achieve water tight concrete especially for humid areas increasing by that, the durability of concrete and being less vulnerable to salt attack from humidity which causes corrosion of steel rebar.
- Better performance of the building under horizontal loading condition due to reduced own weight of the structure.
Where to use:
Post Tension concrete can be used in different type of structure which is not limited to:
- Slab on Grade for factories and airborne storage and maintenance structures.
- Beams and Solid Slabs.
- Raft Foundations.
- Transfer Slabs or Beams
- Car Parking Buildings.
- Water Tanks.
- Special Structures.